The incredible shrinking people

Latest post in my blog on popular science:
The incredible shrinking people
https://populscience.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-incredible-shrinking-people.html

Regards,

Thanks Manuel,
This is an interesting topic in more ways than the scientific/physical. Compare the 2017 film “Downsizing”, with Matt Damon.

And here is Bishop Robert Barron’s insightful commentary: (I paraphrase) Secular western society is in the process of abolishing itself, but it is better to tackle the evils of the world through love and compassion, as witnessed by the Vietnamese heroine Ngoc Lan Tran.

The last scene, where the Norwegian superdownsizers seal themselves underground is very reminiscent of the portrayal of hell at the end (not the beginning!) of C.S.Lewis’s “The Great Divorce”.

An interesting synopsis of the movie (which I haven’t seen), and certainly unusual in portraying the positive effects of biblical faith in a main-stream movie these days. And your comparison between the Norwegian “solution” and the final depiction of Hell in the Great Divorce is very apt.

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)