The 'brave new world' of college campuses

Dan, I wanted to forward to SpareOom an interesting article with the above title from today’s Washington Times which extensively quotes Lewis, but can’t figure out how to do it. Can you help? The article is located on the Washington Times website in the “Commentary” section, under “Additional Columnists”, third column down. Thanks.

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

Posting the link is easy enough:

If you post a link on its own line, it will usually insert a preview box, as it’s done here. Or were you wanting to post the full text here? I’m not sure that would be permitted under fair use.

Thanks, Dan. Posting the link is certainly good enough. But would you be able to explain to a computer semi-illiterate like me how to do that in the future? What does it mean to “post a link on its own line”?. Please excuse me for the bother.

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

I’ll try. When you’re at their site, you’ll highlight the address in the address bar at the top of your web browser, like this:
In most cases, if you just click once in the address bar, the whole address will be highlighted. Once the address is highlighted, you’ll copy it. You can use your menus–Edit menu -> copy. Or right-click, and select Copy from the menu that pops up. My preference is to use command keys–Command-C on a Mac, Ctrl-C on Windows. The link will then be copied to your clipboard.

Now you’d come here, create a post, type in whatever introduction you feel is appropriate, press Enter, and then paste the link. Pasting works a lot like copying: Edit menu -> paste; right-click, paste; or Command-V/Ctrl-V. It will look like this:

This is my super-creative introduction to this link:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/15/the-brave-new-world-of-college-campuses/

…and it will render as it did in my previous message. I hope this is helpful. I’m not sure if this will work for posts by email; I haven’t tried that yet.

Thanks, Dan. I will try, following your instructions (but not tonight Blush).

Dimitry