Information on the Internet is ephemeral

Latest post in my blog on popular science:
Information on the Internet is ephemeral
https://populscience.blogspot.com/2022/10/information-on-internet-is-ephemeral.html

Regards,

The “ephemeralness” of information on the internet brought to mind something that happened to me recently. I posted a passage on Facebook, in a group called “The Official C.S. Lewis Group”, quoting the following from a letter of Lewis on homosexuality:

“I quite agree with you about Homosexuals: to make the thing criminal cures nothing and only creates a blackmailers’ paradise. Anyway, what business is it of the State? …One is fighting on two fronts: a. FOR the persecuted Homo. against snoopers and busybodies. b. For ordinary people AGAINST the widespread freemasonry of the highbrow Homos who dominate so much of the world of criticism and won’t be v. nice to you unless you are in their set”.
I went on to say that I recently went to see a children’s Disney animated movie called “Lightyear” with my handicapped son, which turned out to have a scene between lesbians. These days, one can’t get away from this in the mainstream entertainment media.
My post received both positive and negative responses, but was removed the next day. I don’t know whether this was done by the administrator of the website on his own initiative, or whether the post was first “reported” to Facebook. At any rate, my post certainly turned out to be very “ephemeral”, so I decided to try it out here.

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

It looks like SpareOom is carrying on its proud tradition of allowing posts that weren’t allowed on the “official” place(s).