Doug and Merrie Gresham

Doug and Merrie Gresham at Oxbridge banquet, 1998

1738403081-doug-gresham

1827168581-merrie-gresham

There are a couple of very interesting YouTube videos where the Greshams are interviewed about their lives. Very candid, moving and highly recommended. I appreciate them much more now.

Douglas.

Merrie.

And I’ve ust noticed this one on holding a Mere Christianity Bible Study, but haven’t watched it yet. https://youtu.be/uVw2_QKtgpE

To close, I’d like to paraphrase something Douglas says in the first video above:

“People ask me what it’s like to live in the shadow of C.S.Lewis, and to them I say, 'Jack didn’t leave so much a shadow as a warm glow.’”

Amen to that, Douglas!

Hyoi Hnakrapunt

1 Like

P.S.

The Mere Christianity Bible Study video mentio ned in my last post contains something else instead, namely Douglas’s reminisces of his life with Joy and the Lewis brothers.

1 Like

Fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable interviews. Thank you!

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

I’ve just happened upon another YouTube video where Douglas Gresham remenisces about his beloved “Jack”, and their life at “The Kilns” in Oxford.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks! Was awfully short, though!

Forrest

A seed for thinking is small