C.S. Lewis Onstage: The Most Reluctant Convert

Some months ago, my parents were able to watch a live stage production of The Most Reluctant Convert, in which Max McLean portrays C.S. Lewis, describing his journey from atheism to Christianity. That show has been recorded, and they gave me the DVD yesterday. It’s available on Vimeo as a rental for about $4:

Amazon (of course) sells the DVD, and you can watch it free through them if you’re an Amazon Prime member. I haven’t yet watched it, but plan to shortly; I’ve heard good things about it. If you haven’t heard of it, now you have; if you’ve seen it, maybe you can give some feedback here.

I saw the show in Washington, DC. It was well done. It’s a one-man show based on the life and writings of Lewis. But for a die-hard fan of Lewis’s like myself, there wasn’t anything in it which I already didn’t know. And in the question-and-answer session that followed the show, McLean asked the audience for a show of hands about who was a Lewis fan, and a definite majority of those present indicated they were.

Dimitry

1 Like

My immediate reaction is that I’d be very surprised if it were otherwise. If you were not a Lewis fan (or friend/spouse/family member of a Lewis fan), it doesn’t seem like there’d be much reason to want to go to the show.

Thanks for the feedback; I wasn’t really expecting any earth-shattering revelations in any event (though if it represents Lewis accurately, it’ll be better than Anthony Hopkins in Shadowlands).