Asking for prayers

On July 3, I suffered a hernia operation which was not successful. Tomorrow it must be repeated. Can I ask for your prayers?

Thanks and regards,

1 Like

Of course, Manuel. You will be in my prayers.

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

Of course. My pastor has often shared that Psalm 121 is his “surgery psalm.” May it be a comfort to you as well.

Just prayed for you, friend. Asking God that all may go well this time, and that He will grant you peace at a difficult time. He can do that! I know, from experience.

Lois

What did he mean by “surgery psalm” ?

Forrest

It’s a psalm he would remind himself of before surgery. When he’s unable to look after himself (because he’s anesthetized),

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore

Thank you! That is an excellent example of having the right attitude!

Forrest

Manuel, and may your recovery be as pleasant as that of Digory’s mom in “The Magician’s Nephew”:

“[Digory peeled the Apple of LIfe] and cut it up and gave it to her piece by piece. And no sooner had she finished it than she smiled and her head sank back on the pillow and she was asleep: a real, natural, gentle sleep, without any of those nasty drugs which was, as Digory knew, the thing in the whole world which she wanted most.”

Dimitry

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)

1 Like

You definitely have my prayers, Manuel. May the Lord be with you.

Undragoned by Aslan,
Elaine

Thanks a lot for all your prayers. The operation was successful, although the wound is now 50% longer (20 staples compared to 13 in the previous operation). I feel well, although intimidated (I try to move as little as possible).

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, and glad you’re feeling well.